Friday

Get me to the church on time

After following several aggravatingly slow people who just couldn't figure out how to drive in the rain (causing me to run a red light on my way to work this morning) I just want to take a moment to put out a very important wedding reminder.

Be sure to have plenty of time to get to your ceremony site on the big day!

With the inconsistencies of traffic and the perils of travel in general, it is imperative that you arrive well ahead of time. If you are having a service at 4 p.m. and you want to show up at 2 for dressing and pictures, plan to get there at noon instead. At the very least, this will leave enough time to grab a nerve-calming latte and have some time to relax and enjoy the preparations. This also leaves wiggle room if something has been forgotten at home (oh no! the lucky sixpence!) or something goes awry (you ripped my train!!!).

This post is mostly a reminder for myself (I am habitually late for everything) but hopefully it will serve others as well.

Hopefully this sort of thing doesn't happen very often. Do you have any advice for showing up on time or do you have a horror story? Late for your own wedding? Couldn't find your bridal party? Let me know in the comments.

No comments: