Wednesday

You Can

I just came across a totally awesome website called Offbeat Bride. They showcase some weddings that are really cool, funky, colorful, and unique. In a few short minutes I saw a gorgeous chartreuse gown, a dog inclusive shindig, and a bouquet of leather roses.

Anyway, there was also this great post I saw that I really had to share. It has to do with seeing a lot of pretty things and neat ideas, and wanting to incorporate ALL of it into your wedding. I share a lot of the same feelings as this author, and judging from the comments following her post I'm not alone! Here's a snippet:
I'm one of those people that can easily appreciate, sometimes even fall in love with, lots of things that aren't necessarily "me." This makes me a good person to have over to your house after you're done decorating, because I will enthusiastically comment on your color choices, art, purple couch and funky shag rug, etc. And then, even if it's not necessarily my style, I will go home and wonder, "hmm, maybe I should try a purple couch and funky shag rug." Then I will buy it. And three months later I will hate it.
You can read the rest here:
You Can't Have it All, by Kelly

If you're like me, you may be wanting many different things and so are faced with some tough decisions. For instance I'm wanting to incorporate the color purple, but how should I go about it? Should I use a Northwest Huckleberry theme? I like the local feel, but I don't like that shade of purple. I've thought about going with lavender, and handing out lots of lavender-themed favors, but will that be too floral and girly? How about you? What elements do you want in your wedding? Are you mixing and matching things that others may think don't necessarily go together? (My advice is to do it anyway! And tell me about it in the comments!) Good luck!

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: